At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent across the globe. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the world’s largest leaders in logistics and supply chain solutions. Become an essential part of everyday life, by contributing to an organization that is Connecting People and Improving Lives. If you have a passion for people, a desire to problem-solve, and eagerness to pursue continuous improvement opportunities. We look forward to exploring career possibilities with you!
We are looking for an immediate, full-time, Executive Administrative Assistant permanent position for the DHL Regional office. We are looking for an enthusiastic, compassionate and experienced person to help manage our increasingly busy administrative support and office functions. The role also encompasses project administration responsibilities, covering a wide-range of Department initiatives and office operations projects. It also includes Provision of a confidential, high quality administrative and support service, to the Line/Area Manager and the DHL Management Team, and to support the administration Staff.
Assists Senior-level Management with administrative duties by performing various corresponding duties:
- Organize documents, contracts, mail, and industry information.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Analyzes and organizes department operations and procedures such as bookkeeping, payroll, personnel records, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services.
- Handle travel arrangements, knowledge/distribution of discount travel voucher procedures, and coordination of management conferences/meetings.
- Maintain positive corporate demeanor and act as liaison between Senior Management Team, customers and field personnel.
- Handle highly confidential information in professional and loyal manner.
- Effectively screen on-site visitors and telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Formal written correspondence to suppliers, internal organization and customers
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed or assigned, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
Competencies, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum HND, Bachelors, Post graduate qualification or equivalent with at least 3 years administrative experience.
- Minimum 3+ year’s administrative experience that includes providing support to a senior leader of an organization.
- Participation in an approved accelerated development, fellowship or rotational program may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Intermediate to advanced PC software Application skills (Excel, Word, Outlook), required.
- Operation of standard office machines, required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, required.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Requires strong interpersonal skills, coordination experience.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Flexible, willing, and “can do” attitude required.
- Strong work ethic; diligent and professional; independent, proactive work style.
- Requires ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Professional and team player.
DHL has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We value each other’s differences while recognizing individual strength. DHL never forget that you make us who we are; We work hard to make sure a career with DHL is as satisfying and successful as it can be. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays. DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you would like to be considered for this elite organization, please submit your recent Resume/CV and Cover letter immediately.
- Salary Offer USD Negotiable USD negotiable Month
- Company Main Location (from map only) Plot 5/3, Block 311, Way no. 7777, Street no. 62, Exhibition Street, Area Airport Heights- Seeb, Muscat
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Total Years Experience 2 to 5 years
- Academic Degree Graduaiton
- Prefered Gender Any
- Number of Vacancies 15
- Working Hours 10:00am-04:00pm, Mon-Fri
- Candidate Nationality Any Nationality
- Candidate Availability Location Anywhere