Do you enjoy working in a team environment providing proactive solutions and subject matter expertise to leaders on Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) related issues? Do you take an energetic and influential approach to bring challenge and perspective to processes as it relates to safety? Would you get job fulfillment by playing a pivotal role in making sure our environment is the best and safest possible workplace for our associates? Do you have a high regard for personal accountability and fully understand why technical HSE knowledge, integrity, trust, and customer focus are required qualities to display within the HSE & Operations functions? If so, DHL has the opportunity for you.
This role manages the planning, administration, training, and enforcement of facility’s Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) program to ensure compliance with all company policies and local, state, and federal regulations of our larger, more complex site. Identifies hazards and assesses risk to HSE, involving individuals to identify the appropriate safety controls, and provides guidance on accident prevention and occupational health to management and employees. May manage on-site Safety Supervisors.
- Promotes occupational health and safety awareness throughout assigned facility.
- Coach’s management on their HSE responsibilities.
- May conduct or oversee ongoing safety inspections of facilities, operations, and equipment to ensure compliance and safe working environment for associates.
- Monitors and enforces compliance to regulatory and company requirements.
- Manages the implementation of standard HSE support using common tools provided by the Operations Excellence HSE Team.
- Ensures all necessary HSE Training is completed by all site associates. This includes new hire safety training and all other on-site HSE trainings required for both hourly and management associates.
- Review and updates all Job Safety Analysis’ (JSA) for each role within assigned site.
- Facilitates incident investigations, root cause analysis for sites and provides steps for corrective action to site management and Functional Safety Team.
- Provides input and assist the Regional and or Campus HSE Managers with Safety Improvement Plan Implementations.
- Assists the Regional or Campus HSE Manager with start-ups, as necessary.
- Monitors and provides expertise and assistance on the Logics Incident Module.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and puts forth solutions/recommendations to continually support site improvement.
- Actively participates on assigned teams and/or projects, including site Health & Safety Committee and process improvement initiatives.
- Develop and facilitate safety training.
- Promotes the DHL safety culture, values and Guiding Principles.
Skills and Qualifications:
- HND or Bachelors degree in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene or related field
- Equivalent experience (1-3 years of direct/dedicated safety experience), required.
- 1-3 years of safety experience (e.g., administration of site-based OSHA/DOT programs), required
- Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene or related field, preferred
- Must display a confident demeanor always while always supporting DHL values and 4 Pillars: Motivated People, Great Service Quality, Loyal Customers, and Profitable Network.
- Hold or working towards externally accredited safety certificate is desirable (e.g. ASP, CSP or equivalent)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- OSHA or similar Safety Certification, preferred.
- Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) Certification or equivalent, preferred
- Knowledge of CCOHS and other regulatory requirements, required.
- Strong communication and influencing capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of relevant legislation and safety management systems.
- Qualifications and experience in conducting incident investigations – Taproot /ICAM preferred.
- Experience with Human Operational Performance (HOP) principles and their application.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of safety risks and control processes.
- Competent in documentation and records management using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of State applicable Health, Safety & Environment and Workers’ compensation schemes (case management experience will be highly regarded).
DHL has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We value each other’s differences while recognizing individual strength. DHL never forget that you make us who we are; we work hard to make sure a career with DHL is as satisfying and successful as it can be. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays. DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you would like to be considered for this elite organization, please submit your recent Resume/CV and Cover letter immediately.
- Salary Offer USD Negotiable USD negotiable Month
- Company Main Location Plot 5/3, Block 311, Way no. 7777, Street no. 62, Exhibition Street, Area Airport Heights- Seeb, Muscat
- Experience Level Managerial Level
- Total Years Experience 6 to 10 years
- Academic Degree Graduaiton
- Prefered Gender Any
- Number of Vacancies 12
- Working Hours 10:00am-04:00pm, Mon-Fri
- Candidate Nationality Any Nationality
- Candidate Availability Location Anywhere